Sunday, November 8, 2009

Worst Blogger EVER

      Turns out that my daily commitment to Blogging is about as consistent as my students' attendance.  I'm trying here, but things are awfully busy in teacher land from October until Thanksgiving.  Granted, there were two snow days thrown in there that I did not really utilize in order to get caught up on work.  Instead I got caught up on drinking.  I figure one should play to her strengths, and I am an EXCELLENT drinker.  Snow days were followed by Halloween weekend and then the Deadmau5 show which was only further confirmation that dancing until your face sweats off is maybe the best way to deal with stress!
    Other effective stress relievers I have found over the course of the last two weeks:

  • Eating.  Amazing dinner with my sister at Brasserie on Saturday night.  Super excited for upcoming First Bite Boulder to enjoy some tasty meals at classy restaurants for cheap! http://www.firstbiteboulder.com/
  • Running with doggy.  Had my first un-painful fun since hurting my back last week and it was AWESOME.  Perfect fall weather!
  • Planning fundraisers with the Ks.  Shocking that adding more work to my plate is actually making me feel more calm.  We're having lots of success with Boulder establishments offering to help us out with fundraising events for our girls at MESA!  Trying to raise 5 hundo to pull off a hut trip in February!
  • Remembering to be social.  Have had an excellent time getting out with friends more frequently this year than any other year of teaching.  Now that its off season, all my favorite buddies are done racing bikes and ready for the good shit!  Pie Off on Saturday, woo hoo!
  • Shopping.  Luckily, Mama Hilary saved me from myself a little bit this season by sending me boxes of loveliness from a trip to NYC.  Sales at Forever 21 'aint too shabby either!  Check out some of the new duds








Let's talk about the pink flats... I want to wear them everyday.  I just sit at my desk with my legs outstretched rocking my toes back an forth in awe of the genuine adorableness of pink satin flats with a purple velvet bow.  Sometimes shoes really can make a girl happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment