Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK Doesn't Care About My Outfits, But Here I Go Anyway...

After all that time away, you'd think I'd have enlightening new insights or grand discoveries, but I feel like getting back into the turning cogs of day to day life is far to easy.  I will say this--I'm not happy about it.  I'm not happy about cogging along.  A long stay-cation had the impact of connecting me with many a thing that I have loved and seemingly lost (albeit temporarily) over the course of my teaching time.  For example, running.  When I first moved to Boulder, I ran incessantly.  I knew no one, so this was partly out of loneliness, but my desperation to get out of the house was how I learned this town so well.  There was never a route, I would just run until I got lost and/or tired and then I'd turn around and try to wind my way back to my house.  Everyday was a mini adventure--a new street, a new overlook, a new trail.  Simple, but satisfying.  I suppose one would say I found my stride again over break.  Long runs to pass the days.  Late sleeps to feel refreshed. Lots of coffee because I wasn't the one making it.  I don't know what this means exactly--perhaps the metaphor is that I want to take a break from the route again.  I like the feeling of each day being pathless.  Not purposeless, just pathless.... more to come on that when I know what the fuck I'm talking about.

In the meantime--here's last week:

Monday

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday: (this picture is terrible--its a black Theory collared shirt dress with grey blazer and my beautiful Missoni multi colored silk scarf)


1 comment:

  1. i agree with your sadness over losing little traditions with the speed and stress of school. but on a different note - yay dresses! yay tights! i'm loving last week's outfits. do you have any favorite tights brands? i'm not in love with any of mine right now.

    ReplyDelete