Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Write a Blog about it...

     Well, I tried.  Now that I've looked back at my whole school year through my own eyes, I'm a bit disappointed in my dwindled efforts at the end of this academic calendar.  Through the lens of my blog, my year was really not as dismal as I have felt for the past two weeks.  I guess my Grandma was right.  When I saw her two weeks ago she told me to keep a journal because it would help me put life into perspective.  This isn't exactly the "journal" my Grandma was thinking of, but I think her point is correct.  There were some highlights to this year that I have lost sight of in my angsty quarter life crisis drama of late.  The first annual Girls Outside hut trip, for example, was a massive success.  The whole process, actually, was an incredibly empowering experience.  Kelsey and I came up with the money, pulled of the logistics, and safely guided 11 girls into the mountains!!  I was reminded of the radness that we created when 2 of my girls appreciated me during our closing community circle this morning.  Its been a trying end of the year and I've felt like I teaching again in the fall would break me, but reading my own words has given a bit of perspective and makes me a little less terrified at the prospect of returning for year 4.  If year 4 comes to pass, the blog will have to be better!  Better pictures at the very least!  I plan on investing in a new digital toy for my trip to Italy anyhow, so two birds with one stone.  
     In other reflections, I've learned that I should stick to relationships with my shoes.  My Frye boots are as durable now as they were when I bought them this winter.  I forsee a long and fulfilling relationship with my Frye's.  My pink ballet flats have yet to disappoint--they still make me smile each day that I put them on.  It could be the Carrie Bradshaw talking (I watched Sex and the City the Movie last night)... I guess only time will tell.

      To be fair, I am missing some pics, but I do pinky swear, Girl Scout honor, that I did not repeat any outfits this year!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to start a blog in which I wear the same outfit on multiple consecutive days.

    ReplyDelete