Monday, October 10, 2011

Blog down, Teacher Sweaters


As I watch the Bears lose to the Lions on Monday night football to cap off my already cranky start of the week, I can't help but note how similar being a Chicago football fan is to teaching.  In both instances the season rolls out with unfounded optimism because, let's face it, there is no real precedent that should lead me to believe that either season won't be chock full of disappointment.  Despite the guarantee of relentless frustrations and heart wrenching let downs, there is also the promise of the unexpected. A Hester runback or a letter of recommendation proposal, an Urlacher interception or a mind blowing scored discussion, there are so many game changing moments that make it impossible to not stick it out and be a fan.  So, when a student asked me the other day how it is that I can continue to root for the Bears when it is just so upsetting, I told him its the same way I get through everyday working with students...a whole lot of patience and a little bit of crazy.



Monday--my mom's dress. Love me a vintage hand me down.
 Tuesday
 Wednesday
 Thursday

Friday--No students.  Collaborative staff day.

Monday
 Tuesday

 Wednesday--Topshop opened in Chicago! Thanks for the great pencil skirt, Topshop!

Thursday

 Friday

Monday--We were out on fieldwork in the mountains. So, I was wearing jeans and it doesn't really count.

Tuesday

Wednesday

 Thursday

Friday--I went to my sister's straight from work, so I need to add the pic. I was wearing a black Marc Jacobs skirt and green silk J.Crew shirt with the purple stone pendant that my sister gave me for my birthday which broke while I was out dancing!

Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment