Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cold Front

Here's the thing.  I said I remembered what I wore last Thursday, but I don't think I do!  I wrote it feeling confident that this essential information would come to me, but it hasn't yet...oy.  On the bright side, I do recall that on Friday I pulled out the turquoise Orla Kiely sweater that I got on sale at Tangerine in Chicago when I was in high school.  Yes, I remember where I bought a sweater almost ten years ago, but I can't remember what I wore to work less than a week back.  Bygones.  The sweater was over my red and white striped T (H&M t-shirts are essential), with jeans and cream Chuck Taylors.  Administrators were out of the building all day, so I violated the rules a touch.  However, I DID have fieldwork that day, so by this logic it was acceptable to wear jeans.

The theme of this week's clothing choices is "holy-cuss-it-is-so-cold-even-my-chonch-is-shivering".  It can be challenging to make excessive layering look cute when your morning thought is actually, "what can I wear so that I don't get frostbite in the 10 minutes that I am outside walking the dog?" and not "does this look cute?" In my opinion, tights is always the answer.  I mean, Bessie Dogg has not confirmed or denied that she approves of my clothing choices, but she does sit real cute and wag her tail when I finally exit the closet to let her out.  That may have less to do with my clothing choices and more to do with the fact that I am letting her out.

Monday

Tuesday:


Wednesday:

Ta-da!  The rest of the week still to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment