Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Smell Like A Monster

I think I have spent the better part of this school year smelling like a monster.  Grover would be proud.  My classroom is a sauna (that is a metaphor NOT a simile--there is no like or as about my sweaty pits around 1:30 in the afternoon).  Some days I make my kids do Yoga just because it seems a shame not to put that perfectly heated and humid climate to good use--yoga studios pay big money to establish those tropic conditions!  In any case, I played this video at least 4 times for my last class today.  I don't know if my students were laughing at the video or laughing at how hard I was laughing each time I replayed it.
Smell Like A Monster
This, clearly, is the reason teachers have technology in classrooms.  I plan to write an entire technology grant based on the argument that regular viewing of YouTube hits will improve student learning therefore necessitating a SmartBoard and brand spanking new sound system in my terrarium...I mean classroom.  However, I learned today that I can't just go ahead and apply for grants any longer.  If I want to put in the extra time and effort to acquire resources for my classroom, I first must jump through all sorts of district hoops and get approval from the boss lady over there in the administrative offices who has no idea who I am.  Fuck that.  I'll stick to beer drinking fundraisers to earn my dollar dollar bills.  Who's coming to Upslope on Oct. 29th for pints with a purpose (take 2) to raise some funds for the second annual Girls Outside Hut Trip???

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday--Sick Day!

Friday


No comments:

Post a Comment