Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Teacher Prison Blues

October is rough for teachers and their dogs.  Last week was Bessie's first big escape.  She dug under her fence and made a run for it.  I was lucky the first time to find a nice friend who was willing to go pick her up for me before they brought her to the doggy clink, but today I was not so lucky.  I thought I had secured the perimeter, but the little bitch pushed right through the barriers and wandered back to her friends at the office complex on the other side of the bike trail.  I tried parole, but I think she is officially being put in solitary confinement tomorrow now that I am out $60 for a reclaim fee from the pound and another $50 for a dog at large ticket.  She can spend the day thinking about what she's done.  

Meanwhile, I feel pretty close to lockdown lately as well.  Perhaps its partly my own doing taking on so much extra this fall, but I legitimately feel as though I have no time.  I haven't been to yoga in a week.  Brutal.  However, I did find time to travel to New Orleans this weekend with the fam where we visited an actual prison with an actual rodeo where I purchased actual art from a lovely incarcerated gentleman.  So, despite my prison metaphors, I am quite happy that my life is far from the confines of the real deal...and I still get to pick my own outfits.
Monday
 Tuesday
 Wednesday
 Thursday
 Friday
 Monday
 Tuesday
Thursday
This was a conference night.  I looked like shit.  Whoops.  I wore my orange flat-front corduroy trousers and a navy and white striped t-shirt.

Friday
Teacher trade day.  I was in New Orleans.  



No comments:

Post a Comment