Sunday, September 12, 2010

Who would win in a fight between an elephant and a grizzly bear?

Its mid-term election season once again.  Yet another year of cold-calling and door-knocking to convince our lackluster constituents to give a shit about the kids in our district.  Its a phenomenal experience to watch an entire community fail again and again to pass a bond that would increase taxes by less than two bucks a month with the money going directly into their schools.  In a neighborhood on a downward housing trend, one would think that homeowners would grasp at anything to improve their property values--like brand new schools throughout the district--but after 3 years of watching ballot measures flat line, I am reluctant with my optimism that during my tenure we will resuscitate the lives of our ramshackle school buildings.  Last year, the bond didn't pass even with the added incentive of a 30 million dollar matching grant from the state that would've funded the building overhauls.  30 million dollars of free money!!!!!!!

"Hey, I'll trade you thirty million dollars for two dollars each month."
"Nah, its cool, I'll just keep my two dollars..."

WHAT?!?!?!  Its like turning down a Capri Sun or homemade chocolate chip cookies to keep your baby carrots!  Who would do that?  Nobody that I call friend.

Tuesday...backlighting is a bitch. Lesson learned.
Wednesday
Thursday.  Leggings are not jeans, woot woot!
Friday. Two inches? Uhhhhh-huh....

On friday I was most likely out of dress code and may have threatened to shank a couple of seniors.  I think these facts are irr-elephant to this week's theme: grizzly bears.  

1 comment:

  1. If you are going to tempt me with the potential for an awesome deconstruction of grizzly bear v elephant, I expect Balou vs Dumbo. None of this smart people nonsense. Btw the answer is elephant, duh.

    ReplyDelete