Sunday, October 4, 2009

I'm In the Boat...

Or, at least I was in the Boat, but not the water floatin' kind.  Just back from a fantastic fall weekend in Steamboat Springs.  Probably the best part of living in Colorado is the ease of a weekend get away.  In less than three hours you are in a town that feels worlds away from home.  A town where I can where the same jeans on a 2 hour hike and out to the bars and nobody cares.  But these here were the clothes I wore to work on Friday:

Sadly, after 3 hours in the car I did not have the patience to capture the awesomeness of my belt that really pulls this whole ensemble together.  As is, a but boring, but it was Friday and a long week!

My weeks have felt full lately, but in a good way.  I've taken on a project to try and put together a winter hut trip for a few of my female students.  While its simple in theory, the actual practicality of funding this type of endeavor feels nearly impossible.  Grants are out there, but its overwhelming and slightly exhausting going through the leg work to get money.  I found a really excellent possibility today on the Title Nine website.  Fingers crossed I will be embarking on a two night back country adventure with some angsty teenage girls this February!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment