Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Eat my Shorts

Its starting to cool off in the Frontrange, but it doesn't feel destined for refreshing fall afternoons in my classroom anytime soon.  Everyday has been sweltering since the A/C seems to skip my garage and the garage next door and instead it gets pumped exclusively into the math room.  Yes, garage.  I teach in a very nice garage in the old votech wing of a falling down school outside of Denver.  Remember those books? Wayside School is Falling Down?  Well, sadly, Skyview High School actually is falling down.  Discussion of our desperated need to pass a bond is a whole other post reserved for a time that is not 7am.

Today I was up at 5:17am to meet for carpool at 6:10am.  I figured its nearing the end of shorts season and, per my previosuly mentioned schvitz of a classroom, I decided to milk the last few weeks of my linen shorts.  American Apparell super soft gray tee is the closest I get to pajamas at work, and I figured my quilted Chanel knock-off flats can class up anything enough to be passable for work.  First time wearing Grandma's scarf--how'd it go? 
hmmm, I need to work on my picture taking skills.  Self portraits are challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment