Monday, September 21, 2009

Pipe Dreams

"Miss, why is your room so cold?"

Seriously?  I've spent the last month marinating in my own stink and now I can't take off my jacket all day. If 3A and 3B don't pass I'm moving my ass to Aspen where the schools have enough money to regulate the temperature and I can ski on Fridays.  Of course, I can't actually afford to live in Aspen, but the sentiment is there.  This would only be after my year long hiatus to learn to surf and speak Spanish in Central America.  There's quite a lot to get done before I turn 30...

So let's not focus on that just now.  Let's focus on my favorite color combo--purple and yellow.  More specifically plum and mustard, but that sounds gross and I don't want it to sound gross.  I want it to sound warm and yummy like squash out of the oven with brown sugar on top next to a glass of Malbec.  Isn't it obvious that fall is here?  On top of my general excitement about the fabulousness of fall colors on my ginger complexion, I have Jury duty tomorrow!  That means late sleep, no kids, and not losing a personal day.  This is the most patriotic I have ever felt!  Maybe I will wear red, white, and blue tomorrow...






No comments:

Post a Comment