Wednesday, September 23, 2009

One, Seasonal Sensation...

I HATE when people wear fabrics that are seasonally inappropriate.  Velvet in summer should lead to public floggings.  And I have always lived hard and fast by the no white after labor day mantra...

However, we are in a finacial crisis and I did not get my pay step this year.  As a teacher I'd usually have a hefty spending allowance for clothes.  Much like Anna Wintour's $200,000 budget provided by Vogue, the Mapleton Public Schools, in a more typical year, would provide me with a handsome stipend for essential designer pieces.  Having to forgo my usual spending, I have decided to revisit these seasonal norms.


It is only fall (though it feels like winter), but yesterday for Jury Duty I broke out my black velveteen vintage blazer that I picked up in London while I was studying abroad in college.  This is generally a strictly winter piece.  No Mas.  In true recessionista pride, I meshed said blazer with my favorite Jeans and and a slew of inherited and sale price gems:  AMAZING Sergio Rossi oxfords that were gifted to me by my Mama, vintage Lanvin belt that I took from my Dad's closet and had cut down to my size, purple J.Crew boyfriend cardigan that I used Bieber's employee discount to purchase.



Today for school I went layer crazy!  Cable knit leggings are pretty sweet.  Comfy comfy.   Time for the scarf collection to start coming out...

No comments:

Post a Comment